09 Feb Are your passwords doing their job?
Posted at 11:30h
in Cyber News
- Encourage users to use phrases they can remember rather than complex passwords
- Alternatively, use of three random words can create a strong password. Perhaps include a word that relates to the website/application such that:
- Different passwords to be used for each application
- Passwords should never be stored as plain text
- Administrators must use different passwords for their administrative and non-administrative accounts.
- Do not routinely grant administrator privileges to standard users.
- Consider implementing ‘two-factor’ authentication for all remote accounts.
- Make sure that absolutely no default administrator passwords are used.